Monday, January 5, 2015

Boom Boom, Shahid Afridi To Quit ODIs After World Cup.

Shahid Khan Afridi
Boom Boom Afridi
Shahid Afridi said that he will go off from ODIs after the big occasion of 2015 World Cup. Shahid Afridi, one of the most talented  all-rounder will continue to play T20 cricket, the layout in which he leads Pakistan and he wants to win the 2016 World T20 in India before giving up international cricket career.

Shahid Afridi had walked in as ODI skipper in the recent series against New Zealand in the UAE replacing  the injured Misbah-ul-Haq. He put in a strong all-round show, He scored 205 runs at a strike-rate of 164 and eight wickets at an economy-rate of 4.03. Boom Boom Afridi told the journalists in Karachi that he just wanted to go out on a high rather than being asked to depart.

"I am the first Pakistan player to be able to proclaim his retirement well," Shahid Afridi  quoted as saying by Reuters. "Everytime I just wanted to act this having seen the troubles faced by other bigger players in the history. It was not an uncomplicated choice to take and I think numerous of my seniors also found it tricky to go out at the right point.

"I want to go out of ODIs with self-respect and with my followers want more from me. But no one is vital in cricket and I am sure sooner or later a name will take my place in ODIs as well.

"I have informed the Pakistan team administration about my conclusion but not the cricket board as yet. Having taken a result it is a large burden off my mind and I am sure I will be able to focus on giving my most excellent in the World Cup."

Shahid Afridi, who will turn 35 in the World Cup, has already played 389 ODIs since hitting the best ever century in his first appearance innings in October 1996 in opposition to Sri Lanka in Nairobi. The evidence stood for more than 17 years before New Zealand's Corey Anderson ruined it in January. "I feel very glad about my success and records but the only regret I have is losing best ever One day International century record," Shahid Afridi tweeted.

Afridi has scored 7870 ODI runs at an average of 23.49 and a strike-rate of 116.29. Boom Boom has also taken 391 wickets, the sixth-most in One day cricket, at 33.89 and an economy of 4.62. Shahid Afridi had quit Test cricket in 2010 before leading Pakistan to the semi-finals of the 2011 World Cup.

Afridi's strength has been a matter of some anxiety in recent times and he was between some Pakistan players fined by the PCB in September for failing to maintain the prescribed stage of form. The PCB had attached greater meaning to fitness in its original contracts and the players will reassess in this month.


Sports News Today

Sports Info Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Designed ByBlogger Templates